• 1st & 2nd Floor, 112-116 Whitechapel Road, London, E1 1JE (+44) 020 8087 2343   Mon-Fri: 10am-7pm (23rd Dec-1st Jan Office closed)

Health and Care Worker Visa

Download our Brochure

What is a Health and Care Worker Visa?

According to the UKVI, a Health and Care Worker Visa allows medical professionals to enter / stay / work in the UK.

What are the requirements for a Health and Care Worker Visa?

  1. must be a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult social care professional
  2. work in eligible jobs, the eligible occupation code for this visa can be found here
  3. need to have a job offer from the NHS, or an organisation providing medical services to the NHS or an organisation providing adult social care
  4. have a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) from your employer
  5. be paid a minimum annual salary of £20,480
  6. meet the English language requirements, at least level B1 on the CEFR scale, more information about English language requirements can be found here.

What documents do you need to apply for a Health and Care Worker Visa?

  1. COS (certificate of sponsorship from a company that's willing to sponsor you)
  2. Passport with a minimum 6 months of validity
  3. UKVI IELTS (General Training) if you are applying from outside the UK - Minimum 4 in each module (Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking)
  4. Health Care related Degree Certificate
  5. TB test certificate (if you apply from outside the UK)
  6. Police clearance certificate (if you apply from within the UK)

How much does it cost to apply for a Health and Care Worker Visa?

For Health and Care worker visa applicants, you only need to pay the visa application fee, the Immigration Health Surcharge is exempt.

The Visa Application fee is £247 if you apply for a visa for up to 3 years. 

The Visa Application fee is £479 if you apply for a visa for more than 3 years. 

The Visa Application fee is the same whether you apply from inside or outside the UK.

How long does it take?

You’ll be eligible for a fast-track processing service, which usually takes 3 weeks.

How can Work Permit Cloud help?

At WorkPermitCloud, we have a dedicated team to assist you in your sponsorship licence and visa application process. We also offer professional immigration advice regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). Our Founder and Managing Director Md Lutfur Rahman (FCILEx) has more than 20 years of experience in immigration services.

If you have any questions about the Health and Care Worker Visa or want to discuss your specific situation with us, book our professional Immigration service at info@workpermitcloud.co.uk

How can we help you today?

Let us help you with your Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence UK